This recipe celebrates citrus season with this unique vinaigrette. Enjoy the savory side of oranges in this spinach salad.
Spinach Salad with Orange Ginger Vinaigrette
Adapted from a Taste of Home Recipe
- 1/4 c juice from one orange
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 2 T honey
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
For the Salad:
- 6 c spinach any large stems removed
- 2 navel oranges peeled and sliced crosswise
- 1/2 c thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 c sliced almonds
Place the onions in a small dish and cover in cold water, let soak 10 minutes.
In a small bowl whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
Drain the water from the onions.
Toss together the salad ingredients along with the drained onions and add the vinaigrette to coat, you won't use the entire amount, start with 2 T and add more to taste.