Is there ever a time when you don't have carrots in your refrigerator? If you are like us, the answer is no. I have to confess, they are not just for our consumption, they also happen to be a favorite of our Laborador Retriever. I have discovered a way to give a new life to your next sandwich with this spread that also includes white beans, ginger and turmeric. It worked in this wrap as well as mixed in with a hard boiled egg on toast. What sandwich will you be adding it to?
Veggie Wrap with Carrot Ginger Spread
by Inspired by the Seasons
- 1/2 c grated carrot (about 1 medium sized carrot)
- 1/2 c cooked white northern beans
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Add all ingredients to the bowl of your food processor. Process until it becomes the consistency of a paste, add additional olive oil if needed. Refrigerate 1 hour before using.
- 4 - 8" wraps of your choice, I used spelt
- 1 medium carrot cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sized cucumber but into thin strips
- 1/2 c almonds
Assemble as show above, slice and serve.