Here is a salad full of fall goodness and the apple cider and maple vinaigrette works well with the sweet potatoes and fresh apples in the salad.
Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad
by Inspired by the Seasons
To roast sweet potatoes:
Heat oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper
1 medium sized sweet potatoes, purple or orange
Slice the sweet potato 1/4" thick, until you have about 30 slices. Slice in half to make them more fork friendly if necessary. Toss with 1 tsp olive oil until coated completely. Space evenly in a single layer on pan and cook 15-20 minutes until they start to crisp on the edges. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack until ready to add to salad.
For the Dressing:
Adapted from B&E's Trees
- 2/3rd c Olive Oil
- 1/4 c Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 T Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp smoked horseradish sauce ( or 1 T Dijon mustard works well too)
- For the Salad:
- 6 c of fresh greens, one that contains spinach is preferable
- 1/2 c of roasted pistachios, processed until becomes almost powder (set aside 2 T for garnish)
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- 4 green onions, sliced with white and light green parts included
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl, top off with 2 T of pistachios and serve immediately.