The beginning of the school year has always meant a time of fresh starts for me. Whether it's signing up for a local class, starting a new endeavor or (horrors) cleaning the basement - this is my time to rework some aspect of my life. This recipe came from a need I had to add a "grab and go" option in the morning and do double duty for an afternoon snack and I just happened to find it during this golden back to school "season". Sure, starting this blog is kind of a big deal for me too :).
- 1 1/2 C Quick oats
- 1/2 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 c roasted cashews roughly chopped
- 1/4 c pepitas
- 1/2 c chopped dried fruit of your choice - I used dried cherries
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 c milk (I used sweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Place batter into a well greased 8"x8" baking dish. Put in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes until the edges are brown. Cool for 15 minutes and cut into squares. Store in airtight container.
This Oatmeal Bar Recipe has been adapted from Khushboo's Blog